A romantic lochside windswept elopement in Scotland
Oh, boy do we ever have a treat for you in store on the blog today! What you will see is what happens when you organise a team of talented Scottish wedding suppliers. I cannot even begin to put into words just how thankful and proud of the team, for all their hard work and professionalism! It meant the world to us and this shoot turned out to be rather EPIC!
How did it all start?
Well, when our past couple and now pals Lynsey and Ken mentioned we could use their Air B&B anytime for a shoot! Well, it did not take me long to take them up for it as Rossmay House, in my opinion, would be THE perfect spot for a romantic elopement! Plus you get somewhere to get ready in on site! A stone’s throw away from Rest and Be Thankful for further photos ( a mini Glencoe ) and also from the amazing Loch Fyne Oyster Bar which is my favourite restaurant.
What was my inspiration for this shoot?
Using the location of the air B&B and Scotland itself including its colours and tones I got an awesome team on board who ultimately helped with the final product. It truly was a collaboration of all involved which in itself is just as inspiring! and this involves the models as well who were a dream to capture!
In no particular order, these are the wonderful suppliers who were a part of this shoot.
- When it came to styling we had been ogling Wild Antlers work so we just had to get them on board!! This is what they had to say…
“Alongside Brolly Bucket’s throws and lifesaving brollies, and The Posy Sisters‘s gorgeous blooms, we used a combination of materials and textures to create intimate spaces within Rossmay House and its breathtaking surroundings. The main bedroom’s stunning fireplace and bay window were dressed to create a setting for our bride to get ready. The outdoor Buddha hut was adorned with our fairy lights, deer antlers and brass to contrast the brickwork. Candlelight lit the space, which instantly transformed it into a setting perfect for couple shots.”
- Flossy and Dossy.Wendy’s bespoke wedding dresses are what dreams are made of and we are still keeping fingers crossed to capture more Flossy and Dossy brides.
- Looking for elegant and romantic calligraphy set?! look no further than the uber-talented caligraphy queen that is Laura E Patrick Calligraphy.
- Beautiful rings were provided by Dower & Hall and it’s a box by La Petite Box.
- Rain showers? don’t worry for one second when you have beautiful brollies on hand from Brolly Bucket! Rosie now also offers beautiful blankets to hire for your wedding which we used in this shoot as well.
- Looking for a unique and beautiful headpiece?! WE ADORE Modiste pieces so it was a no-brainer to ask for some pieces to be included in our bridal look.
- When it comes to hair and makeup we ALWAYS recommend the lovely, talented and insanely professional Laura Gray and her team at Hair Beauty Bridal. They are makeup and hair whizzes plus they always keep on time while topping up your champers and lending a helping hand along the way.
- We have worked with Melissa from The Posy Sisters on a few weddings recently and love her work. We were so glad when she was free and on board! Her muted tones with a lot of greenery were exactly what we were looking for. Soft and romantic yet current.
- Groomswear. Slanj is always one of our first port of call and I was so excited when they had trews with incredible jackets and shoes for the lads to wear. I am loving the trews just now. It’s a bit of a change from the kilts but still very Scottish and fashionable too.
- Our cakes and sweets extraordinaire was non-other than Little Cake Parlour. We always get Lisa to do cakes for our special occasions so we love to extend that to any styled shoot we organise.
- This was a big shoot so we had to get a cinematographer on board! Scotland’s just too beautiful to not capture on video and the boys at Cinemate were perfect for this plus we love working with them. We have attached the video below this. You will not want to miss it!!! It tied up this whole shoot rather nicely.
- Our models!!! This could have never gone ahead if it wasn’t for them and their absolute professionalism. Hannah our bride is an incredible model. You can check out her Instagram page which I love following here. Adam is an incredible actor which I was so fortunate to have gotten for our groom. He made Hannah laugh throughout the whole day which enabled us to get great photos and footage! Ladies if you like Outlander, you may spot him in the new series!! Keep a close eye out for him.
- Finally Ken, Lynsay, baby Brodie and Ken’s parents! Ken, Lynsay and Brodie modelled for our shoot and were patient and accomodating all day long. Ken’s parents popped over with food from their restaurant for us to eat which was so tasty!!! so THANK YOU for feeding us!
Needless to say, it all came together seamlessly and this is down to every single person who was involved! Scroll through the photos and have a look for yourselves.
In conclusion, working on an inspirational shoot with a bunch of likeminded folk is a blast!! Even better when we get featured on the amazing blog that is 100 Layer Cake. Have a look at it here.