You don’t want to miss this beautiful Dalswinton Village Hall Wedding!
Cameron and Shauni had such a beautiful day as you can see from the photo above. It was rain-free with not too much sun which made it perfect conditions for photography.
Cameron is the AMAZINGLY talented photography behind Hemera Visuals. It truly was such an honour for them to ask us to photograph their wedding day. A compliment that we were so humbled and take lightly that’s for sure!
Never mind the compliment on its own but the day itself was so uniquely them from beginning to end which is what we LOVE to see and capture. In my opinion, you should always march to the beat of your own drum and do things your way. So…
- include your beloved dog especially when it’s cute as their wee dude Hamish the Westie!
- Keep it casual if you want. There really isn’t any need for a big to-do wedding. It’s about celebrating the best day of your life with your nearest and dearest. The ones you can laugh with to your heart’s content! Seriously so much laughter was had at this wedding!
- Consider a first look. Scroll down for more info!
Have a look at their slideshow before and a selection of our favourite photos of their happy wedding day.
Shauni on the way to her first look…
Why are we all for a first look? besides it being really sweet and romantic here are good reasons as to why you should ditch tradition for this bit!
- weddings with a first look tend to go smoother and are much more relaxed. After 10 years of shooting weddings, this is saying a lot.
- not into traditions then this would definitely be right up your street! Even if you are into traditions we would recommend considering a step outwith your comfort zone for this one. Why? read on.
- A first look enables you to properly live in the moment without the list of reasons why you are worried about walking down that aisle ( which forgive me for saying this, takes away from the romance of seeing your soon to be husband/wife at the end of it ).
- As mentioned above this turns a moment for all into a moment just for the two of you. So romantic! Don’t worry, I guarantee you your guests will not be annoyed that you saw each other before walking down the aisle.
- It eases nerves of seeing each other at the bottom of the aisle. A lot of people do it for that alone!
- It frees up more time for you to mingle with your guests. Why? because we usually do a photo session during your first look so you won’t need to rush off for photos leaving those guests, canapés and drinks behind. Win-win!
I wrote more in-depth about it here. Have a peek! You’ll have to scroll down a bit as I also talk about tips for an awesome wedding ceremony.
And Massive shout out to these awesome suppliers! Lovely meeting you all and working alongside you.
Wedding Dress // ETSY Bridesmaids Dresses // QUIZ Cake // made by family Celebrant // Karen Walker Decor and flowers // bride and groom Food and drink // Caterbirds Groomswear // Glendinnings Annan Hair // Ryan Haggarty Makeup // Beth Mercer Video // Stage two Imaging
To see more of our work, pop on over to the links below!