A beautiful summer’s day wedding at The Secret Herb Garden in Lothianburn, Edinburgh
Sun, sun, sun galore for Ailsa and Paul’s relaxed outdoor garden wedding! It could not have been more perfect. With the venue’s little nooks and crannies, old couches, greenhouse and beautifully kept gardens with an abundance of wildflowers, it really was an incredible day to capture and be a part of.
The Secret Herb Garden was on our bucket list of wedding venues to shoot at so when Ailsa and James got in touch and booked us for their wedding day we could not have been more excited from the get-go! And, boy did it not disappoint!
As we set off for Edinburgh there was no cloud in the sky and we knew it would be a perfect day for Ailsa and James. For us, as photographers, the fear sets in, haha, no cloud coverage, no shade! However, I learnt from an incredible photographer in Italy, my friend Gianfranco as we travelled from spot to spot on his motorcycle. He taught me about all sorts of different light to shoot in from morning until sunset, including harsh light. So I taught Scott and I think we managed really well. Fear be gone : )
Back to the couple. Ailsa wore a beautiful Luna Bride dress called ‘Beach” which suited Ailsa to a tee with her effortless way of looking stylish. Paul wore his own kilt which he had originally gotten from Campbells of Beauly. Props to him for making it through that heat wearing his kilt attire. Flowers were beautifully put together by Bryoni who works at the venue. They were absolutely perfect up against Ailsa’s simple flowy dress and the bridesmaids mismatched floral print dresses. Proof here that doing things your way is best. No need to conform to wedding traditions. Do things the way you want to do them.
Finally, you can have a peek at their day here on Love My Dress for a full list of wedding suppliers used on their day.
Enjoy : )
Chantal and Scott x
As I mentioned above that The Secret Herb Garden was on our bucket list of venues. Here are some more of Scotlands BEST WEDDING VENUES which we would LOVE to shoot at for the first time and again.
- Cambo Estate
- Tullibole Castle again (One of our favourites! Stay tuned for a beautiful wedding we shot there!)
- Drumtochty Castle again (Same as above. Keep your eyes peeled!)
- Marthrown of Mabie
- Comrie Croft
- The Cowshed Crail
- The Byre at Inchyra
- Hopetoun House again
- Harvest Moon
- Fasque Castle again!
- Glentruim Estate
- Gosford House
- Pollok House anytime (3 minutes from our doorstep and where we got married)
- Achnabreck Weddings
- Glenapp Castle again (we LOVE it… have a peek at Caitlin and Jon’s Elopement here)
- Kirknewton Stables
- Kinblethmont House
- Eden Leisure Village again (Lauren and Tony’s day was rather epic despite the rain)
- The Strawberry Barn
- Aikwood Tower again
- Forbes of Kingennie
- Windmill Barn
- Caerlaverock Castle again (we did an engagement shoot here. Check it out)
- The Signet Library again (Also featured on Junebug Weddings Katy and Mark)
- Runningburn Marquee Venue
- Archerfield Walled Garden
- Sorn Castle again
- Greenbank Gardens on our doorstep
- Glengoyne Distillery again
- Ardkinglass Estate again
- Cluny Castle
- Glen Tanar again
- Roman Camp again
- Springkell again
- St-Andrews in the Square anytime : )
- Linlithgow Burgh Halls again. Also on Love My Dress here.
- Boswells Coach House again
- Dalduff farm anytime!
- Glencorse again
- Pollokshield Burgh Halls
- Strathallan Castle again
- Dumfries House again (Also feature on Love My Dress here)
- Wedderburn Barns again
- Boturich Castle again
- Dalswinton Estate
- Ross Priory again : ) One of our favourites
- Errol Park
- Rowallan Castle anytime (We love it there! Here is Lorna and Ryan’s day featured on Junebug Weddings. And Kirsty and James on Love My Dress)
- The Engine Works
- The Stone Barn Culzean
- The Lodge on Loch Goil again (Check out Lynsay and Ken’s beautiful day here)
- Broxmouth Park
- Friars Carse Country House
- Coo Cathedral again (Totally up our street. Check out Jen & Alisdair’s day here)
- Mount Stuart again (Check out Aleisha and Richard’s day here on Love my dress)
- More elopements in Scotland too, please : )
I could go on forever here but we would also ADORE to shoot at The Secret Herb Garden again so do get in touch if you are getting married here or any of the others listed above.