Why are wedding formal photos so important?
You may not want them and get short of breath and feel dread at the thought of getting these done but they are extremely important. Here are our top tips for breezing through them like a pro giving you no time whatsoever to get anxious or bored.
Not only is it a special day for the both of you, but I can guarantee you that it is also extremely special to your family and closest friends. They will also want photos to look back on and frame or use as a Facebook timeline cover. The formal photos make everyone happy in a short amount of time if things run smoothly of course.
How do we ensure this part of the plan runs smoothly and quickly?
Read on to find out more along with some of our favourite photos of 2017!
- Scott will send out loads of handy hints and tips once you decide to choose us for your big day. Within our pack we suggest noting down a maximum of 10 must have formal photos. We would not recommend more then 10 as those 10 can often take up to 30 minutes if some folk are nowhere to be seen or off to grab a drink when they are meant to be with us getting their photo taken. So you can imagine from there how much longer it would take if there are more then 10.
- These 10 include photos such as both sets of parents with the couple and then splitting that down into smaller group photos on either side with parents and siblings and grandparents.
- We realise that a lot of couples want a full group shot. We recommend you leave it in our hands to assess the situation. If the venue lends itself well to getting that group shot in very little time. This photo can take a long time and if there isn’t an area big enough or it’s raining outside it is not always possible.
- We always set an additional time limit for bridal party photos as we like to have a bit more fun with these and sometimes find another spot to capture these. We usually set aside 10-15 for these photos
- Have fun, relax and have a laugh together! Crack a joke! Those laughing shots are always the greatest shots.
- We always feel bad trying to tear you away from your guests for photos but it has to be done to keep on track with the timeline of the day. So, please work with us when we come over to let you know it’s time for photos by telling your guests you will be back to mingle following the photo session. That is such a hard one to get out of as guests always want to congratulate you but sadly you must tear yourself away if you want those all important photos. We guarantee to have you back in time to mingle before the wedding breakfast.
- Hand out the formal photos list to helpers. They can help gather people needed in the photos. Make sure you choose someone who knows these people. You may need a few helpers in this case if they don’t know everyone on the list.
- Brief your parents, siblings, flower girls… to listen to the photographer during the photos and that they look at me and not guests snapping away.
- Most of all don’t stress! We have your back and we are there to coordinate it all. If it’s well organised and everyone pays attention then those photos can be captured in no time giving you more time to mingle with a drink in hand.
Have a peek at previous best of years
2016 Part 1
2016 Part 2
2016 Part 3