Are you perhaps Eloping to Scotland? Castle Lachlan may be the perfect spot! Either way, we fell head over heels in love with it.
Meghan and Dave travelled all the way from North Carolina to say their I Do’s on the west coast of Scotland. Scotland did her thing and showed us all just how beautiful she can get with good weather, and a bit of rain thrown in for good luck of course. Meghan is also a photographer so it truly was an honour to capture their day in such a beautiful part of the world.
As mentioned above the day started off so beautiful, bright and warm. We had such a beautiful drive up from Glasgow and coming up the drive to the castle I was completely swept away. I love that I still get that feeling after years of living in Scotland. We were greeted by the lovely Janice from Blue Thistle Weddings who helped in organising their elopement.
There were so many highlights to the day. I shall list a few below as there are just too many to mention!
- Meghan’s dress, footwear and her whole style in general! Loved her ankle boots which perfectly suited her dress, giving it a laid-back feel
- They did a first look which we always LOVE doing!
- They walked to Old Castle Lachlan for the ceremony with their guests led by a piper. I am sure this will be something they will never forget!
- The dinner spread. A feast of local and fresh seafood, salmon and trout fit for a king and queen! Looked incredible!
- Their evening photo session was the calmest evening I have ever seen in Scotland. It was so beautiful and serene
So much to love! I hope you enjoy looking through the photos.
If you would like to see more of our elopement throughout Scotland, have a look at the links below.