To say that I was excited about this honeymoon adventure shoot in Glencoe Scotland is an understatement.
Katie and Jason had such an incredible vision for what they wanted from their wedding photos. They had a lovely small and intimate wedding ceremony in Glasgow on the Saturday prior to this shoot. One of our dearest friends Kristin from Struve photography captured it for them. The photos are so beautiful we had a lot of pressure on us to make these photos just as incredible for them.
Our bit of what they wanted from their wedding photos was capturing them as husband and wife on an adventure shoot while they started their honeymoon. Katie wore an incredible dress from Unbridaled, had Fiona Park to do her makeup and hair & flowers were provided by Lisa from Floral Menagerie. Katie also had a beautiful cable knit cardigan which was knitted by her mom for the occasion. How sweet is that?! AND to top it all off they had their wee fur baby Jock along for some family photos. He had a lovely bow tie on for the occasion and he looked absolutely adorable.
We spent the afternoon adventuring through Glencoe and Glen Etive on a rather cold, windy and rainy day! However, these two pushed through and had fun with it, as did we. Martin from Martin Venherm Photography assisted me on this shoot. We ended it by being surrounded by deer which was an absolute joy. Sometimes you come across such beauty in this world where it takes your breath away and this was one of those moments! It was such an amazing experience for us all.
Thinking of booking in for an adventure shoot or elopement?
We can honestly say that it is such a fun few hours! Here are some of our top reasons why we are all for it!
- It’s just the two of you. Yes, we are there but we actually put you at ease and make sure you take in the moment and remember what you were thinking or saying to each other at the time we snap those photos.
- There are no time constraints so anywhere is game. If the light is perfect in one spot we can take advantage of it without rushing.
- There are no family members or guests hanging back to get their snapshots; which in all honestly can kill the mood. So, you can let those emotions guide the photos which in our opinion are the best kind! No stiffness, just the two of you at that moment.
- Dreamed of photos in an epic location? Let’s do it!
- No need to worry if your hair gets a bit messy…it adds to photos and can turn a regular photo into an epic photo!
- Get your pets or children involved! Get dressed up to the nine’s. We love the contrast of formal wear in the middle of the countryside or in the middle of some rugged landscape.
- Anything you have dreamed up in your head or pinned on Pinterest chat to us about it. Have a look at our pinterest boards here for some inspiration…and much more.
The list could go on and on really.
Here are some examples of shoots we have done further afield.
- Lorna and Ryan wanted to go to the Isle of Bute for their engagement session as Ryan is originally from Rothesay. It was an incredible day for it. Have a peek at it HERE.
- Lynsay and Ken had a styled engagement adventure session in Glen Etive! We really went for it with help from some amazing suppliers.
In the end, whatever you want from your session have fun with it, be in the moment, be madly in love! We want to capture all of that!