We absolutely adored capturing this sweet in home maternity shoot in Biggar!
On Christmas eve we set off south of Glasgow to capture these set of photos for one of our past wedding couples Sarah and James! It was such a great way to get into the Christmas spirit and to see Sarah glowing with happiness which transferred onto James was an absolute joy. There is nothing we treasure more than capturing our couples growing families! It truly is an honour.
Why should you get maternity photos?
I suppose some may wonder why it is such a big deal to get professional photographs of pregnancy. I can list quite a few reasons here which am sure most mama will agree to!
- A lot of expectant mamas feel beautiful and sexy pregnant. There are so many hormones coursing through the body and baby often helps mama get that “glowing” look.
- The body is an incredible thing! Why not capture photos of you carrying and giving that child life. I guarantee you these photos will be treasured.
- No matter what the anticipation is captured and that is something pretty darn special! Those months of wondering and excitement are coming close to be and that translates through to these photos.
- When that child you were carrying grows up and sees these photos…he or she will know that they were loved before you even set eyes on them. Kinda pulls at your heartstrings doesn’t it?
I (Chantal) am pretty darn passionate about anything mama related! Maternity shoots, Birth photography, Fresh 48 sessions…The female body and our maternal extinct amazes me and I adore any reason to capture it.
Want to see more of our work to see if any of these sessions are for you?
- Amy’s in-home maternity session
- Helen and Ross’s on location maternity session
- Esme’s birth
- Carris’s speedy birth
- The Train family for Carris’s studio newborn session
- Wee Alistair’s lifestyle newborn session
- Lucy’s baby studio session (sitter session at 6+ months)
- Aria’s mother-daughter shoot with her mummy
- The Black’s lifestyle family session
There is so much more I could share but that was just a snippet! I LOVE FAMILIES. Nothing is more precious to me than being a mama so being able to capture it for others is an honour!