Kids being kids at weddings
Is there anything cuter than babies and children at weddings? They often almost steal the show and bring so much extra joy and laughter to a wedding day.
Now, we know not everyone will want children at their wedding and that’s ok too. However, we just wanted to dedicate a post to cute and beautiful child’s play moments using some highlights of our 2019 wedding season.
We have even included some top tips on how to keep children entertained for the day.
What are your handy tips on keeping kids entertained at my wedding?
Well, let me start off by suggesting that their parents should bring along with them a few of their favourite things. I am sure they already plan of doing this but perhaps bring a few extra things to bring along. Maybe something new and exciting to excite and engage them? Otherwise, this is what any bride or groom can do ahead of time to have on for the big day.
- Organise goodie bags with little gifts. Keep it crafty and fun as opposed to filled with sweets as some parents might not be too keen on that
- Organise a little games area. Perhaps outdoor games for fair weather and perhaps a craft, building corner for indoors
- Organise a kids table for them to sit down together. This is a great spot for kids to be where they can play together and make friends if they have never met
- Create a scavenger hunt and put an older responsible child in charge. A typical list could include things like “a white dress”, “a person in a funny hat”, “something blue”…
- Hire childminders. We have seen them at weddings and they create games and ways to keep the children entertained while the adults mingle
- A dedicated children’s photobooth. Hours of entertainment!!
We hope this has helped with some ideas on how to keep those kiddies entertained!
Please do look at more of our posts here. All very helpful in planning your dream wedding day.