Let’s just say last year was yet another crazy year, so, we are putting a twist on our best of 2017 by starting out with our favourites of bridal shoes, bridal bouquets and bridal dress shots plus all other details. There is no right way to do it so why not do things our own way by providing you with posts full of our favourite work from last year while giving you a whole lot of useful and handy information. Who knows, we may even answer some of your questions or guide you on things you perhaps did not think of.
So, in this post, we will start by explaining why you should opt in for getting the whole day captured which will include getting all those special details. Also, you may notice this is all bridal. Well, keep your eyes peeled over the next week for photos of the groom’s preps. Rest assured we have not forgotten you!
Why is it so important to capture the bridal preparations on your wedding day? I know for some they aren’t sure if this is of importance to them but in this post, I’ll shed some light on why it is.
You spend months and months or perhaps years organising those finer details to turn those ideas in your head into reality. When the day itself comes around it does go by quickly, having photos captured of those finer details will always bring you right back to those memories. The memories of planning, the excitement leading up to the big day, all the fun had with anyone who helped in the planning and just the happiness you felt through it all. It’s such a huge event in a couples life so capturing it makes it last forever!
Also, good photography is more than just a fancy camera. Professional photographers spend years perfecting their craft and style. We are instinctively creative, we know how to read light, how to compose the shot beautifully and then execute it with skill and precision. It isn’t the camera that does this, it is us. As we shoot in manual – we tell the camera what it should be doing rather than allowing the camera’s sensors to make the decisions for us. So if you want those beautiful photographs; you can only get that with a pro when putting all of these factors together.
So here is a list of things we love capturing and how we love to capture them!
- The bridal bouquet and any other florals. I mean, this is a given. They also make beautiful photographs. We also recommend looking into beautifully preserving your bouquets in a tasteful frame. Check out Infinity Flowers for multiple variations and frame options.
- The shoes. Most women love shoes and most women use this special occasion to splurge so it’s a given that bridal shoes will be photo worthy.
- Stationary. Your guests will be receiving beautiful invitations prior to the wedding and be given an order of service or something similar on the day. If they are beautiful enough to be shared with your guests then they are certainly worthy of having photographed and documented. We always recommend our couples to either send us out a set when they are sent with their guest’s invitations or, to be brought on the day for us to capture.
- Any accessories and jewellery you will be wearing. Some of them are heirlooms and prove to be quite special so capturing these will keep those memories attached to the pieces alive. If they aren’t heirlooms they are often gifts from parents, groom or your bride so capturing them before they are even worn is a must.
- The dress. You spend a lifetime dreaming of wearing one, one or a few or more days with some of your most special people shopping for that special dress… then spend the rest of the time counting down the days until you can wear it. You will only be wearing it once but you will forever be wearing it in your photographs.
- The bridesmaid’s dresses. These dresses fit in with the whole wedding decor/colour theme, plus they will make your best girls look incredible so why not capture these. Also to take it that it further, why not look into pretty hangers? They can be given as a gift and memento of the day while making the dresses look even better. There are so many options out there. Have a peek on Etsy here.
- The sights you looked out to while you got ready to marry that man of your dreams. I can guarantee you, you will be doing a lot of thinking and looking forward to while looking out the window. A photo of this can bring all those feelings back in a second.
- The perfume you wear on your wedding day. Often it is gifted to the bride by someone special so I do love capturing this as well. Not only because it is a gift but it is a reflection of who you are also since perfumes are so particular to the individual. Plus, some perfume bottles are just too pretty not to capture.
- The rings. Scott captures the ring shots as they are with the lads most of the time. He always finds new and creative ways to capture the rings before they are placed on your fingers to cherish forever. Rings mean so much more than just a piece of jewellery so we do like to capture this.
No matter what you decided to incorporate into your day, big or small, it is a decision you made with intent and we always want to capture that for you. The photos are what you are left with visually and physically and they last forever. You will always be able to look back and see how stylish or creative you were and even then it isn’t all about that, it’s about the memories they will bring back of that moment you chose that particular item. This is why photos are so priceless in our eyes. Sure we may be biased being photographers but at the end of the day, you will have them forever.
To have a look at more of our work. Follow the links below.
Anna and Adam. Barn at Dalduff
Lauren and Tasha. Mar Hall
Katie and Martin. Roman Camp Hotel
Tania and David. Solsgirth