The formal & not so formal group shots!
Who says those formal, group and traditional shots need to be stiff and boring? Not us that’s for sure! Using some of our favourite shots from 2019 weddings we will show you and give you tips on how these natural and timeless yet fun shots can be achieved.
Getting the idea so far?
So how do we achieve these and cut down on the awkward? Here are some tips and tricks for you to take on board for the big day.
- Don’t overthink it. The minute you do it will show
- Have fun with the people in the photo. Get someone to crack jokes. Have a laugh together
- Have a chat with those that will be in photos beforehand to let them know and to not worry about it as we make it really speedy so no time for awkwardness to set in
- Along the same lines as above if you let people know they will be in photos they will stick around instead of venturing off. Sometimes a missing person who is then found after some time ( and delays things ) can add a feeling of stress which can be seen in the photos
- Trust us. We often hear groomsmen or bridesmaids say “oh god this is so awkward” and TRUST me we are the least awkward photographers around
- If you know a family member is always awkward in front of the camera chat to them and make them laugh or smile Often that moment is much more special than one where you are all looking and smiling ( or not haha ) at the camera
We hope our tips and collection of photos have given you a bit more of an idea on how to handle these usually dreaded photos. It doesn’t have to be. Short and sweet is the way we like to keep it but with some fun thrown into the mix.
Are you looking for more handy tips for your wedding day? Click on the links below.