How to elope to Scotland
Are you thinking of keeping things small? as in just the two of you small or the two of you and a handful of your nearest and dearest? Then eloping may be the perfect thing for you.
Well here is a wee list from our point of view on why a wee wedding is actually a big wedding when you encompass love and emotions into the mix!
- On a smaller budget but still want to pay a bit more towards the suppliers that you adore then this is a fab way to go!
- Do you have the kind of family where it becomes so complicated when it comes to invitations you’d rather just run away? then eloping is ideal! no need to invite that cousin four times removed from your dad’s side who you’ve never met!
- Since your cutting your guest list down…yes you guessed it! it’s much cheaper!
- Do you have somewhere on your bucket list you have always wanted to go but couldn’t make it happen? Then elope to that country! If it’s Scotland then bonus! get in touch! We’d love to capture it
- In love with Pinterest and you want ALL the styling? Well, it can still be done on a mini scale! Scotland has a huge variety of amazing micro wedding styling suppliers. We have listed a few at the end of this post
- Are you looking to do things a bit differently and put your twist to it then we would highly recommend eloping as eloping at its core is about the union and all about the love without having to have a whole hoard of guests to take part in it? Let’s be real here that this can sometimes be very stressful! No need to talk to this aunt and that cousin you don’t know for a couple of minutes each. This day is just all about you guys without any distractions or being rushed off your feet
- So if you are more of a laid back sort then this could be right up your street. Elopements are very relaxed. It’s a pretty fluid day with no rushing about
- Photos. On a traditional wedding day, a photo session can sometimes be crammed into a 20-minute window depending on how things run on the day. If you elope we have more time and it’s much more relaxed resulting in some epic images. Don’t get me wrong we still do this for our full-day couples but there is something about slowing down and honing into the moment. It enables us to create some pretty spectacular images for you
In reality, this list could go on and on but I won’t make this any longer than it has to be. In conclusion micro weddings, wee weddings, elopements are high up on our list of favourite moments to capture!! So we are right there with you on the excitement of it all.
Scroll through this post to see why…see you on the other side!
If you would like to see more of our elopement work follow the links below.
Finally as mentioned above here are some fab suppliers we would recommend