To Elope or not to Elope? Have a peek and see below when an American couple elope to Glenapp Castle Scotland.
We set off on a hot hazy June morning from Glasgow to meet up with Caitlin and Jon at Glenapp Castle on the Ayrshire coastline for their elopement. Having found us through Junebug Weddings we could not be happier to have had the opportunity to capture their beautiful and intimate ceremony.
Elopements are special in every way. Not that weddings aren’t of course but elopements have that special magic to it which ignites when a couple decides to just make it about the two of them and that is it. It is all about them, their love and becoming husband and wife. That is all. No frills about it. Some just want to escape the drama which a big wedding sometimes comes part and parcel with but on most occasions, it’s just pure romance!! and we LOVE IT!!!
We had chatted to Caitlin and Jon via email before the day but meeting them on the morning was like meeting old friends. It was also great to be greeted by Lana and Sam from Laura Gray’s team. It set a fun, easygoing and relaxed feel to the day ahead. I know Caitlin really appreciated how awesome the girls were which says a lot in terms of choosing the right hair and makeup artists.
Once Caitlin had her dress on and held her beautiful bridal bouquet created by Paper White Floral design she was ready to be piped down to the Azalea pond to meet her soon to be husband Jon. I absolutely adored how although there were 4 extra people around them, the way they looked at each other it was only the two of them. It makes you realise and see just how strong love is; to stand there with so much love for each other and make vows.
Scroll down for reasons as to why an elopement might be just the right thing for you.
I also need to take a moment to say how awesome Jon looked tying in his heritage and who he is with a bit of Scotland with the green shirt and tartan tie. It was the perfect balance of cowboy meets Scotland which I thought was so awesome. Don’t ever be afraid to keep it, real folks! Always stay true to who you are on your wedding day. You don’t need to conform to what “traditions” dictates, in fact who cares about traditions, just follow your hearts.
As I leave you with these photos to scroll through and this slideshow we want to thank Caitlin and Jon for asking us to be a part of such a special day in their lives as husband and wife. It truly was an honour and we had such a great time being a part of it all and capturing these special memories for you both. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and joy!
Chantal and Scott x
Is an elopement in Scotland or anywhere in the world the right thing for you?
Does the thought of family drama and who to invite and who not to upset give you the sweats? If so then here are some top reasons why we think eloping is the bee’s knees!
- It’s just about the two of you. That is all. It’s all about you making a lifetime commitment which is just about that and the love you share with a handful of your nearest and dearest or just the two of you.
- It’s small, stress-free, exciting, romantic, adventurous, almost naughty in a way ( elopements have a secretive past ), less expensive and carefree.
- You can make it about what is most important to you. Wanted to always go somewhere? elope there and choose the photographer who makes your heart sing to capture it.
- Wear what you want. Wear boots with your dress, or a jacket, cardigan, jeans with a smart shirt, kilt with boots…whatever! You can be comfortable with no appearances to keep up.
- It’s a lot less tiresome and all about what it should be in a smaller space of time.
- It’s kinder on the bank balance.
- Again, it’s all about the two of you
- Did I mention how romantic it is?!
Would you like to see more of our work? Pop over to some of the links below to see if we are a fit for you!
Destination wedding/Elopement in Sorrento on the Amalfi Coast
Bohemian beach wedding/Elopement in Mexico